
Cole has only recently really begun to draw actual pictures. For awhile he was into drawing "maps" which was a series of long, winding lines with a circle at the end of it signaling "home".
This year in preschool he's been asked to draw a lot of pictures: of what he wants to be when he grows up, what he looks like, and of his family.
This is a picture he drew earlier this week of our family. He carefully pointed out who was who, the tallest being Daddy and so on. When I noticed an extra person in the picture, I asked who it was.
"nobody. I just drew that Adison too small".
Later in the day, Kevin took it a little further, asking Cole if he wanted a brother.
"No, Adison is fine."
The conversation turned to families and Cole explained that he was going to have a family. The conversation turned to how you GET a family and Kevin told him you find a special lady and you marry her.
Cole: "Daddy? I HAVE a special lady!!"
Kevin: "Who?"
Cole: "Grammy!!"
Kevin gently broke the news to him that Grammy, was in fact, married to Grandpa....
5 comments:
Oh-so glad you recorded that conversation in print! That is fantastic, and I can just hear Cole's little voice saying there - with much conviction and clarity. Such a precious age.....yes, I said precious...don't know what other word works there. :)
super super cute
great to read all the updates! the kiddos stories always make me laugh! :o)
Aww! I'm choking up here! How sweet! :) Love, "Grammy"
It is amazing to me that he can draw so detailed on an etchasketch. This is not simple...
I think the family of five is a sign...
Post a Comment