


While we were away on our big trip, Kevin was home very busy. In fact, MUCH busier than I ever realized. I would call him and he'd sound tired and stressed and I kept saying, "go to the pool! Relax! Take advantage of the time alone!"
He was taking advantage of it, in fact. In a way I would have never guessed. Kevin and our friend Pete, a contractor, had managed to completely gut and redo our 2nd bathroom (the kids bathroom) in 10 days. TEN. DAYS.
We got home from the airport, talked, unloaded all the stuff, and I headed upstairs to go to the bathroom. That's when I saw the door. This amazing, dream of a door that we always had talked about getting. I thought he'd just put in a pocket door, since we had talked about how nice that would be in that small bathroom. Imagine my double surprise when he came upstairs and told me to open it.
I was shocked. Everything was perfect. Perfect! I couldn't have chosen any detail better myself. We talked about what we want to do to our house all the time, it's nothing new. But I didnt' realize that these past few months Kevin had been talking specifically about the 2nd bath knowing he'd do this while I was away.
When my girlfriends found out, one said: "He certainly knows the way to his woman's heart.....no need for flowers or some fancy vacation."
Exactly right.
No comments:
Post a Comment