Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Big Trip Part 3 - Spokane

After our visit with Grandma and Grandpa Thompson, we hit the road to Spokane. I always enjoy this drive. It's just so beautiful, and I remember doing it so many times growing up. The best news is that now there is a Starbucks on the way.

The kids did great again, which is truly amazing considering the amount of flying and driving they did in a 10-day span. I love going to Grandma and Grandpa Mattix's house too, there is just something about it. Open space, the big yard, the horse's near by; it's all just a wonderful place to be. Really so peaceful.

During our visit Grandpa Del took Cole out with him on several jobs. He gave Cole a tour of his shed, which included the coolest scale I've ever seen and some really cool machine's for Cole to sit on. Cole is so funny, becasue although he may be shy, he is always listening. Grandpa Del took him out to do something outside with him and told him all about Mt. St. Helens. Cole came back inside and immediately told me every single detail -- some he probably knew better than me!

He also had a good time doing puzzles with Grandma Ruth. We managed to do one in just a day I think? She always has the neatest puzzles and it was fun to pull one out and do one. Grandma also gave me a tour of her sewing room and all her projects (finished and unfinished) and it was probably one of my favorite parts of our visit with them.

The anniversary party was a smashing sucess (although I didn't get any pictures of that....leave it to the professionals).

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit out there and it's always so hard for me to say goodbye. Which is why I cry every time.






No comments: