Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Giving It a Go



I've been sewing for about a year and a half now, and talking about wanting to try to do a little selling of things for equally as long. But now I finally feel like I'm ready for several reasons:

1. I'm not pregnant
2. I'm getting almost 6 hours of consecutive sleep at night.
3. I have had lots of time to practice
4. I'm not pregnant

Anyway, there's a clothing consign show in town that a friend of mine runs, and it's for more upscale stuff and she said I should have a table of my things. (not because it's upscale, just because it's free to set up a table).

So I have have been planning, sewing, purchasing fabric and today I set up my little area. The sale is tomorrow night through saturday, and I'll be there as much as I can with my pink M&M's luring in potential customers. It's scary, as there are so many talented people out there making all sorts of cool things, but I am also excited to be doing something I have been wanting to do for quite awhile. My pictures aren't great, because I took them with my phone -- actually they stink, so use your imagination.

It would be great to get some business, but if it just doesn't pan out, I have tons of fabric that I absolutely love. And as I find a seemingly endless list of sewing tutorials online, there are tons of projects I could plow through and use that fabric up in no time.

And then buy some more.....

2 comments:

Quiet & Quirky said...

Yeah Sarah! I am so excited for you!!! Your designs and fabrics are fantastic!! Chris

Unknown said...

Don't you worry, Sarah. You will get business because your stuff is GREAT!!!!!! Way to go. Good luck this weekend.

Becky