Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bye Bye Brown



**Update::Here's a pic of it with my coffee, and I'm even more crazy about it now. It's probably the double shot of espresso talking, but I'm totally itching to make a ton of these. Pending a cycle through the washer to see how it holds up, I think I'm going to try to put a bunch of these on my website in time for Christmas gifts.**

About a year ago I saw this cute little coffee thing made out of cool fabrics that replaces that boring brown thing. Well! Isn't that cute, I thought. I bought them as gifts for family, friends...and I wanted one too but never ordered myself one.

Walking around Joann Fabrics a week ago, I just happened to see a little kit including a pattern for the same thing! So I bought it, threw it on my sewing table and there it sat.

So tonight, after mapping out a plan for the projects I have going sewing and otherwise, I decided to go ahead and whip it up. Of course, every simple project takes me twice as long the first time...but it was so fun to work on and it was a nice departure from things I have to do. I love how it turned out, and I'll have to spend a week testing it out and maybe it will make it into my little website.

I now have something so much prettier to put around my Starbuck's cup tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These sleeves were in the "style" section of the Charlotte Observer today!!!! Very cool, Sarah:)

Bran said...

okay...i'm ready to place an order!!!