Saturday, January 10, 2009

That's Gonna be Mine.


I made a burp set for a friend of a friend this week, and we decided to tack on a little purse for the baby's older sister. I loved how it turned out so much. I just happened to have a HUGE pile of jean material in my closet (why?....I think it was on sale. I told Dana about it on the phone one day and she said "you're not going to start making your own jeans now, are you?!"). I decided to try it on the tote bag and I couldn't be happier.

When I walked out of the sewing room, Adison looked at it and said, "that's gonna be mine."

Oh.

I walked back into the sewing room, closed the door and decided to take it one step further and try something I've been wanting to try for months. I've read probably a hundred craft blogs, and I have seen people use quilting fabrics in some very modern ways. I decided this was the perfect time to try an idea I had in my head. So I cut and attached fabrics of varying sizes together, put the iron-on adhesive on it, and then cut out my "a" shape. I really love how it turned out, and aside from the "a" being a tiny bit crooked, it's just what I imagined.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Did you happen to make another one with a 'k' on it by any chance?

(you're amazing by the way)

Carine said...

I don't see the a crooked. I really like it... Does Adison know a is the start of her name yet, or was she just happy about the colours?

diane said...

LOVEEEE it! :o)