Thursday, September 20, 2007

Free Reign



While Cole is away at preschool Adison has been enjoying the endless opportunities that lay before her. First, she can now touch all of Cole's toys. You can see her glee as she plays with "sharky" who was off limits only an hour before this picture was taken.

Secondly it means she has mama all to herself. And while Mama had planned on doing all sorts of other things, she is now free to follow Adison around the house. Adison is on the move BIG time. She is no longer happy or entertained in the living room, where it's carpeted and all her baby toys are. That is, quite frankly, too small for Adison.

She seeks excitement and exhilaration. And what better to offer her that than stairs?
I wish I could have gotten a picture of her when she gets at the top of the stairs. But I needed both hands to catch her when she waivers or stumbles mid-climb. She'll turn around as soon as she gets to the top, and look at me with the biggest, proudest smile you can imagine. She expects me to praise her and I mix it up, but usually it's some form of "well, aren't you proud of yourself?" She'll then go snorting laughing towards the next set of steps. She is something else. Kevin and I were talking about her over lunch and I reminded him, 'I warned you, didn't I? When she was in the womb I said, Get Ready, remember?'

1 comment:

Kellie said...

look at her go. Sarah, she's going to be walking so soon. Oh my. Poor Cole's cars.


:) miss you guys.