Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Sad Day


This post is about a stroller.

Some of you who know me know that I have a penchant for unique strollers. I wanted the Bugaboo when Cole was born -- and this was before it was "cool" to have one. I couldn't bring myself to spend $800 on a stroller, and I figured Kevin would shoot me down if I even suggested we purchase it. (I would later find out he was planning to say "YES" to whatever the pregnant lady wanted....hindsight is 20/20...)

Fast forward 2 years when I was expecting Adison and a double stroller would be needed. I did a ton of research and pretty much the only stroller that met all my needs was the Jane Powertwin. It was at that time, and still is somewhat relatively unknown in the US, so we were unable to test it out at any store. But when it arrived it was the coolest and best thing I had ever seen. I have been using it a lot in the past 10 months and it has taken abuse like a dream. It handles amazing, rides like a dream, maneuvers through malls and sidewalks effortlessly, and has been the perfect stroller.

But Cole is getting too big for the front seat, and Adison is kicking the back of his seat, so it was time to look for another stroller. So I put it on ebay and it sold last night. I'm meeting a woman in High Point for the exchange. She's expecting her 4th this month, so I am happy it will be put to good use. I'll miss this stroller though.

On the bright side, I get to shop for a new stroller and I'm looking at this one.

2 comments:

Quiet & Quirky said...

Yes, a sad day. But, an exciting day is coming with the new cool stroller. :) Glad you sold the other one and you know she is so happy to have it!

M.B.S. said...

I'm not even looking for perfect...just workable and NOT Graco. We're expecting baby #2, and I'm thinking
1) a regular tandem stroller is in order,
2) a double-wide jogging stoller is necessary and
3) I don't intend to buy the jogging stroller new. Please come to me on Craigslist, Perfect Jogging Stroller...as soon as I get motivated to look for you.