Monday, August 08, 2005

It's all about me


Really. Cole is taking a hiatus today, he has come down with a yucky cold. Grammy & Grandpa braved a few hours of it while Kevin and I were at dinner last night, but we were all up all night last night. So, his medicine has finally kicked in and he's snoozing away, which is good, because the poor little guy needs it.
I, however, am running on an extremely large chai latte from this morning. (home made even!) So instead of napping, or showering for that matter, I decided to get my behind in gear and do some sewing. I've been rattling on for months now about trying my hand at making a few and selling them on ebay. I've found some super great fabrics, and they have been sitting in my extra bedroom. Until today!
I finished this bib and burp cloth and while I'm dying to list it, I'll put it through the washer and dryer and pray it doesn't fall apart. When I know it's solid, I'll list it! I'm so excited, but also nervous. I don't have high hopes, but I'd be lying if said I didn't have ANY expectations. It's been so fun to learn something new, and so many great things have come out of it. For starters, my patient mother-in-law gave me a crash course in sewing. (Did you know they called it 'thread' not "string?" -- nor did I.) I'm also able to make gifts for the wave of friends who are pregnat either for the first time, or again. It's been so exciting to find new fabrics, and I look forward to doing more in the future. If you're going to offer constructive criticism, it's welcome! But please, be gentle....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - they look fabulous! So professional! Can't wait to see the other fabrics! love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Always thought I would never comment on a blog, but this time is an exception: I have to say, it looks very very sylish!!
Can't wait to see more,
Carine

Anonymous said...

I meant STYLISH: that's one of the reason I don't like to comment on blogs... and here I am, two comments in 1 minute and a typing mistake on top of it.