Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A New Friend




Cole had a big day today!
We started the day with Buckwheat & Blueberry pancakes! You can see him enjoying his. He won't eat pancakes unless he has whip cream on them. I made the mistake of adding it one morning, and he has never looked back. So each piece gets a little puff of whip cream. Dont worry, if you forget, he'll remind you. He doesn't like syrup, so a little fat-free whip is fine by me!
He spent a few hours at his friend's house this morning while I got the oil changed and ran some errands, and he held it together, for the most part, until I came to get him. That's good news, as it's been a bit of a hard transition for him to be away from mom and dad. The only down side to the day was his ultra short nap. He usually sleeps 2-2 1/2 hours when he has just one nap and today he only slept an hour. So, we decided to make the best of it and go to the mall since it's been hot again today. We walked by Build-A-Bear and wouldn't you know they have a Boxer you can make, so in we went. Of course this is totally for me because Cole didn't ask for a stuffed boxer, but how often have you seen a stuffed boxer in the toy department?! (never.)
I honestly think he enjoyed it, definately the part where he helped me type in the information on the computer. His name is Stanley, and he's a good doggie. Cole got all excited to hold him, and the first thing he did was touch its little jowels like he does to Bou & Irbe. It's so funny to see him holding this big stuffed toy. Coles' fast asleep now, as are Bou and Irbe (and most likely Stanley too), and I think I'll join the party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring your new friend over so I can "play" (e.g. chew it up) with it!

Sarah said...

No kidding. There would be no Stanley after 5 minutes with Buddy....

Dean said...

I think Stanley could probably still take Daisy even though he is stuffed....