Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning all the cousins met at Micah and Carine's house to make gingerbread houses and exchange the gifts they had made for each other.

I was at the Cole / Eloise station, and enjoyed watching those two do their best to throw away all the gingerbread house rules. Case in point, they put a little ginger-lady on the roof with a pretzel on her head. They found this HILARIOUS.

After everyone was done, they gathered to open gifts. They had each drawn a name to make a gift for, and it was very special to see the time and effort each child put into the gifts. Of course, except for my kids....I attempted to have Cole sit down and craft a headband for Margot, but instead he cut my pattern into tiny little conffeti like shreds. Maybe he was excited about New Years....And I didn't think Anna would really appreciate an Adison scribble as a gift, so she received a dog pillow. Adison got the cutest little ball, made with lots of love by Elloit. And Cole received an amazing garage and streets / town on a paper and hand made paper trucks to drive around it all. Truly special, and he plays with it often.



The face of Christmas Spirit & Joy





We also snapped a picture of Grammy & Grandpa with their grandkids.

1 comment:

M.B.S. said...

Zousers, Batman! I can't believe how many grandkids in your family! That's fantastic!