Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas with the Spillmans

I drove to High Point after the Ladies tea to meet up with Kevin and the kids who had left that morning to be at The Spillman's house. We had such a nice time catching up, it's always fun to have the whole family together. I wasn't there more than 20 minutes before Nancy suggested we open presents -- she is my kind of lady.

First Fletcher read the Christmas story out of the Bible, and then the opening begain, youngest to oldest. Kiddies and adults alike had a good time opening up the gifts. Afterwards, it was time for a Spillman tradition -- and as I write this I cannot remember what it is called. But it's sprite and Lime sherbet in a glass, it's pretty delicious.

The kids spent the rest of the day trying out their new goodies, and we enjoyed a great evening together.

Sunday we went to Kevin's Aunt Suzy's house, who always hosts an extended famiy gathering each year. She had a feast of food for us, and the kids played hide and seek inside until it cleared up outside for a little walk.


The gifts and goodies are fun at Christmas but these gatherings are what make them so memorable.









No comments: