Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fun with Weezy

We had our niece Eloise with us last week all morning and it was so much fun. I think only Kevin and I think it's hilarious to call her Weezy (which we never do when addressing her, because she certainly doesn't think it's funny).

Cole had preschool the morning she was here, and Adison was napping so I'm fairly certain she was somewhat bored for the first portion of her visit, but she was happy and chatty just the same. When it was time to pick up Cole, that's when it got exciting.

Eloise and Cole are great friends and it's a treat to watch them play. You can always count on one thing, they will laugh together. They talked all the way to the park from preschool and they were off and running the second we got there.

First order of business, going down the big slide. And here's how it played out: one of them would go up the mountain of stairs, the other would wait at the bottom of the slide in suspense. Then, the sliding person would go down the tube slide shouting all the way while the waiting person watched at the bottom. The slider would pop out, and they would laugh and then switch.

We had a picnic lunch there and played for another hour. Next up: walking the beams outlining the playground.

Adison is walking all the time now and so happy she can. She thinks she can go everywhere Cole goes, so I get a fairly good work out following her around.

It was a great afternoon, I'm glad these two live close enough together to enjoy each other's company so much.





2 comments:

Carine said...

Eloïse is highly counting on Cole to set the record straight about her name.
Thanks again for the LOOOOOOOONNNNNG Eloïse-sitting.

Anonymous said...

What cute and happy playmates!