Monday, January 07, 2008

A New Dress


This fabric, ooooh, I just LOVE it.

I saw it on a dress on the website of a kid's store in town. When I called to ask about it, it had sold. Then I saw someone who had made a tote out of it and was selling it on ebay, and I realized if I could find the fabric, I could make my own dress.

Weeks (and I am serious) of internet searching later, I tracked down a fabric shop in Texas who happend to have some of this fabric, which was actually several years old. I originally wanted it in the orange/red/pink color scheme but if purple was all they had, I'll take it.

It's been sitting in my closet for months, waiting for all the other holiday projects to subside, so last night at 9:00 I decided Adison would have a new dress to wear the next day. When I was finished, I realized I had no matching buttons so Adison will have a new dress to wear when she wakes up tomorrow. (and I can't wait!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anymore fabric? I'd love one for Cate:)

Bran said...

adorable...i love the fabric. i'm actually about to tackle making cradle bedding for #3...i think of you when i think of sewing. it's my FIRST sewing machine project ever! a friend down here is helping. look out! love the dress

Anonymous said...

THIS is adorable. Can't wait to see her in it. I think you've found your calling Sarah. (in addition to motherhood, that is)!