Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Art



We've been slow to put things up on the wall, and have been here a year now! So last weekend we were discussing what to do above the fire place. I'm not a mirror person, and I've had candles and things there but I always clutter it up so we started brainstorming and Kevin came up with the winning idea.

He found a place that will blow your image up to whatever size you want, and then you can print it out in 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and piece it together. It also changes the image to a series of dots, for a little artistic flair.

So we chose the picture (Cole, the morning of his 3rd birthday. I love those eyes) and away we went! It had a few glitches, but with a little double sided tape and about 30 minutes, we have something above the fireplace. I personally love it, and the beauty of it is, it's paper. So we can change the image to another one anytime we want.

4 comments:

Quiet & Quirky said...

That is cool. Where did you find to do that? Online or in Raleigh?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am one of Becky Darling's friend and I saw your art. Where did you have this done? I love it and would love to do it too! Maggie

diane said...

LOVE it! VERY cool! I love Cole inthat picture too!

M.B.S. said...

Hoya. Way cool. Where, Chica?